How does it Work?
Share your reviews of the wedding dresses that you try-on in stores
to help other brides with their dress shopping
and for a chance to win your wedding jewellery or even your wedding dress!
- Look for your perfect wedding dress
- You can search thousands of wedding dresses in the Bride.ca Gown Gallery
and also look-up the bridal shops that carry each of them...
... or you can use any other, more "traditional" methods :)
- Go to the boutique and try it on!
- Share your impressions on Bride.ca.
Look-up the dress in the gown gallery and post your review in the Facebook comment box below it.
- You must be have a Facebook account.
- Each review is a contest entry so review as many dresses as you like!
- You do not need to purchase a gown to write a review it.
(but if you're purchasing a Maggie Sottero gown, definitely review it! - see below)
- Reviews will be moderated before posting. See "how to write a helpful review" below.
- That's it!
The most helpful reviews will win - as described below
Dress Review Contest (monthly,ongoing) : Win your Jewellery!
- Every month, we will curate a list of the most helpful dress reviews
and republish them on the Bride.Canada blog.
Prize: The Review of the Month (hint: most helpful!) will be awarded a max of $200 in free bridal jewellery rental from The Borrowed Collection.
- Winners: Selected on the 15th of each month, for the 30-days prior
and announced on the 20th of each month, staring on October 20th 2014.
The Maggie Sottero Challenge (Fall of 2014) : Win your Wedding Dress!
If you have decided on a Maggie Sottero or Sottero & Midgley gown, definitely review it!
Maggie Sottero's Canadian team at Stevara, will select the most interesting & helpful review by one of their brides this Fall and award that bride her wedding dress! (they will simply refund you)
- Deadline : November 30th 2014, midnight/PST
- The dress must be purchased from Sept 15th to Nov 30th, 2014
- The dress must be purchased from one of the participating Canadian boutiques listed here:
~ Maggie Sottero store list
~ Sottero & Midgley store list.
- You can review your gown before or after you purchase it.
- After you post your review, you must let us know of your purchase, to be entered in the contest:
- Contact us, preferrably via the email form on this page.
- Include your name, email, address, phone number & wedding date.
- the dress style you purchased (ex. Maggie Sottero Delilah),
- the boutique where the dress was purchased, as well as the purchase date.
- The winner will be selected and notified by December 10th 2014.
- The winner may request to delay any public announements, until her wedding date, if she does not wish people to know which dress she will be wearing! (In which case, you must promise to send us your wedding photo immediately after!)
How to Write a Helpful Review
- Describe your wedding style,
ex: an intimate wedding for 50 guests
- Share what you are looking for in a dress,
ex: a dress to highlight my curves
- Discuss these topics:
- overall impression
- your body type and the fit of the gown for that type
- favourite dress detail(s) and why
- why it did or didn't work for you
- Reviews do not need to be glowing, but we do ask that you be mindful of the fact that even though a dress isn't right for you, it might be the perfect one for someone else! With this in mind, we cannot approve overly negative reviews that would upset a bride that has chosen to wear it.
Shopping for your Wedding Dress
#Trending & Popular
Visit Bride.Canada's profile on Pinterest.